Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU) is a leading medical university in Ufa, Russia. Established in 1932, BSMU has a long-standing tradition of providing high-quality medical education to students worldwide. The university is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and is a member of the Association of Medical Schools in Europe.
The MBBS program at BSMU is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of medicine’s fundamental concepts and principles. The curriculum covers various subjects, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and surgery. The program also includes clinical rotations in various departments, such as paediatrics, gynaecology, surgery, and internal medicine, which provide students with hands-on experience in patient care and diagnosis.
BSMU is equipped with state-of-the-art medical facilities and a large medical library that provides students access to various medical journals and textbooks. The university also has a research centre that allows students to participate in ongoing medical research projects.
The university has a highly qualified faculty consisting of experienced medical professionals and experts in various fields of medicine. The faculty is dedicated to providing students with a comprehensive education and preparing them for successful careers as medical professionals.
There was only one faculty at the beginning – the Faculty of General Medicine. The Faculty of Pediatrics was established in 1961, the Faculty of Preventive Medicine (later called the Faculty of Preventive Medicine and Microbiology) in 1970, the Faculty of Dentistry in 1976, and the Faculty of Pharmacy in 1981. Ufa Medical College merged with BSMU in 2010.
In conclusion, the MBBS program at BSMU provides students with a comprehensive medical education, preparing them for successful careers as medical professionals. The university’s state-of-the-art facilities, highly qualified faculty, and diverse student body make it an excellent choice for students looking to pursue a career in medicine.
Why Study MBBS Bashkir State Medical University?
One might consider studying MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University for several reasons:
1. Recognized Degree
BSMU is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, ensuring that students receive a recognised degree globally.
2. Comprehensive Curriculum
The MBBS program at BSMU covers many subjects, providing students with a comprehensive understanding of medicine’s fundamental concepts and principles.
3. Clinical Experience
The program includes clinical rotations in various departments, giving students hands-on experience in patient care and diagnosis.
4. State-of-the-Art Facilities
BSMU is equipped with modern medical facilities and a large medical library, providing students access to the latest medical research and resources.
5. Experienced Faculty
The university has a highly qualified faculty consisting of experienced medical professionals and experts in various fields of medicine.
6. Diverse Student Body
BSMU has a diverse student body, with students from over 50 countries, providing students with the opportunity to learn from and interact with students from diverse backgrounds.
7. Supportive Environment
The university provides a supportive and inclusive environment for all students, offering various student services and cultural events.
BSMU is located in Ufa, Russia, allowing students to explore and experience Russian culture while studying.
Quick Highlights About Bashkir State Medical University
1. BSMU Bashkir State Medical University is a Russian medical university located in Ufa that was established in 1932 and has a long-standing tradition of providing high-quality medical education.
2. In 2010, Bashkir State Medical University merged with Ufa Medical University and became Bashkir State Medical University.
3. The Bashkir State Medical University prepared 700 volunteers for the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2014.
4. The Bashkir State Medical University is a government or public university approved by the NMC and WHO.
5. Applicants who seek admission here must pass the NEET Exam since the NEET Scorecard is required throughout the application process.
6. Bashkir State Medical University has four hostels for international students and native students.
7. The MBBS programme at Bashkir State Medical University takes about six years.
MBBS Course Fee in Bashkir State Medical University
Tuition fees are reasonable and vary by speciality. They include free use of reading rooms, libraries, and labs; free manuals and course materials; and free usage of sports clubs and cultural complexes.
The tuition fees for the MBBS course at Bashkir State Medical University vary between ₹ 2,80,000 to ₹ 3,20,000.
All other charges must be paid, including the official visa processing fee, DHL services, a transfer from and to the airport, medical insurance, registration, hostel lodging, etc.
- The monthly rent is around 1200 RUB.
- Medical insurance costs around 5000 RUB each year.
- Medical check-up costs around 3500 RUB each year.
- Vaccination costs up to 5000 RUB.
- Visa costs range between 1500 and 2000 RUB per year.
MBBS Eligibility Criteria at Bashkir State Medical University
1. Age: The applicant must be at least 17 years old at admission, or Students aged 17 to 31 December of the entrance year are also eligible.
2. Educational Qualifications: The applicant must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
3. Exam: For admission to Bashkir State Medical University, candidates must have passed the NEET UG test with a good grade.
4. English Proficiency: Most medical universities need proficiency in English as a prerequisite. A TOEFL or IELTS score may be required to demonstrate English proficiency. While several other programmes at Bashkir State Medical University, such as paediatrics and preventive medicine, are taught in Russian, the MBBS programme is offered in English there.
MBBS Duration at Bashkir State Medical University
The MBBS program at Bashkir State Medical University is typically 6 years. This includes 5 years of academic studies and 1 year of clinical rotation (Internship) in a hospital setting. During the program’s academic portion, students will receive a comprehensive education in various medical subjects, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and more.
In the clinical rotation, students will be able to apply their knowledge and gain hands-on experience in treating patients under the supervision of licensed physicians. Upon successfully completing the program, graduates are awarded an MBBS degree and eligible to practice medicine in most countries, including Russia.
MBBS Admission Process
1. Choose your study program.
2. Assemble the documents listed below for the initial application and send them to Bashkir State Medical University VIA E-MAIL.
Providing translated and verified copies of international passports and academic degrees is acceptable immediately.
You must complete the visa invitation inquiry and application forms and submit them to the University through email (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Following admission committee approval, you must prepare and email the following documents:
- A copy of the foreign passport (the pages with the photo, expiration date, and place of birth, for example); please remember that your passport must be valid for at least 2.5 years from the date of application.
- Documents certifying your prior schooling
- Certificate of Fitness for Health
All documents must be translated and certified in Russian (recognized or certified at a consular department of the embassy).
Please provide your legal name (on your passport and all your application documents).
As all University correspondence will be sent to the email address you provide in the Application Form, be sure it is valid and functioning.
All required documentation must be provided by the submission deadline.
3. Receive a Student’s Invitation (takes up to 30 days).
The invitation will be sent to the email address you provided in the application form.
Please remember that receiving an invitation is not enough to enter Russia.
The collection of papers required to apply for a student visa at a Russian Federation Consulate/ Embassy comprises a visa invitation and confirmation (invitation) letter (the University officials issue both).
4. Apply for a Student visa.
After obtaining a visa invitation letter, the applicant must contact the Russian Federation’s Embassy in his or her home country to apply for a student visa.
Applicants with a “tourist visa” cannot study or enrol at BSMU.
5. Arrival at the Russian Federation
You must notify the university of your arrival dates one week before you arrive in the Russian Federation.
If you notify the Admission Committee authorities in good time, you will be entered into the University’s database and given immediate housing at the University’s dormitory.
Please remember that your housing reservation will be cancelled if you do not notify University of your arrival date in advance.
You should come at least one week before the entrance examinations begin (arrival dates are also noted in the confirmation letter).
All applicants will be subjected to a medical examination to determine their eligibility for continued study at a medical university (cost approx. 4000 RUB). The applicant must complete all required vaccinations if a required vaccination is missing.
Please inform University administrators before arriving if you have a major medical condition or chronic health problem.
6. Pass the Entrance Examination
The number of available seats is tightly restricted, and the admission test will be performed competitively for candidates. You will be assessed on your chemistry and biology knowledge.
7. Singing Agreement and Payment
After passing the entrance examination, the candidate must sign an education agreement to become a student at our university.
In addition to signing the agreement for university study, the following payments must be completed at the university:
- Tuition fees
- The official visa processing charge
- Hostel expenses, including lodging and other charges.
It should be noted that all international students are required to obtain medical insurance (approx. 4500 RUB per year).
MBBS Syllabus at Bashkir State Medical University
In addition to the above subjects, students also receive training in clinical skills. They must participate in practical and clinical rotations in various specialities, including medicine, surgery, gynaecology, paediatrics, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the admission process for MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University?
Answer: The admission process for MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University usually involves submitting an application form, passing an entrance exam, and meeting the minimum eligibility criteria set by the university.
2. Can I apply to the university directly?
Answer: Yes, that is possible. Simply follow the application procedure instructions.
3. Is the university recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
Answer: Yes, Bashkir State Medical University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which means that Indian students who complete their MBBS degree from this university can practice medicine in India.
4. Is the language of instruction at the university English or Russian?
Answer: Except for the first three years, taught in English, the official medium of instruction is Russian.
5. What is the cost of living in Ufa? Where is the university located?
Answer: The cost of living in Ufa, Russia, is relatively low compared to other major cities. On average, students can expect to spend between 200 and 300 US dollars per month on living expenses, including food, housing, and other necessities.
6. How many major subjects will I be studying?
Answer: Students spend their first three years of study mostly on theoretical disciplines such as biology, medical physics, chemistry, biochemistry, human anatomy, histology, physiology, pathology, microbiology, Latin and foreign languages, and social sciences. The students are immersed in medical practice from the start. In their first and second years, they learn the fundamentals of nursing care through practical clerkship (1st semester) and the fundamentals of clinical examination (3rd semester). Students spend the remaining three years learning clinical areas like internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, public health, and preventive.
7. Is any financial assistance available for students at Bashkir State Medical University?
Answer: Bashkir State Medical University offers various types of financial assistance to students, including scholarships, loans, and grants. Students should check with the university’s financial aid office for more information on the availability and eligibility criteria for financial assistance.
These are some of the most common questions about Bashkir State Medical University. It is always best to check with the university for the most up-to-date and accurate information.